Eat Travel

Houston, Texas

January 10, 2017

I don’t know about you, but when I think Texas, I think Tex-Mex, Southern fried chicken, barbecue and crawfish. Because, yes, 90 percent of the time I’m either thinking about food or munching on food. The other 10 percent, I spend writing about food. So here’s that 10 percent.

This is what I did (mostly ate) in my first time in Houston.One can’t go to Texas and not have the famous Southern Fried Chicken. You can quote me on this, Barbecue Inn‘s fried chicken is hands down the best fried chicken I had in my life. I guess KFC and Jollibee just won’t cut it anymore. Tip: Get the All Dark (dark meat) fried chicken.

Barbecue Inn. 116 W Crosstimbers Rd, HoustonGo on a Tex-Mex binge. I know I did. Don’t miss the queso (cheese dip) as your starter.

Guadalajara. GreenStreet, 1201 San Jacinto St, HoustonI did not expect a big Vietnamese community in Houston. And that’s great news too me! Because that means, authentic Vietnamese pho.

Pho Binh. 5901 Westheimer Rd U, HoustonTalk about hitting two birds with one stone. I got the best of both worlds at El Burro and the Bull. Barbecue and Tex-Mex! Get their tender, fatty brisket and their brisket tacos, too! I could still taste that brisket in my mouth. Yummm.

El Burro and The Bull. 1010 Prairie St, Houston And, because I’m not only a devoted to food, I’m also devoted to instagrammable walls, I dropped by the Biscuit Paint Wall. Painted by Houston’s mural legend, Sebastien Boileau , this rainbow wall is the perfect backdrop for your #ootd posts.

Check out: 10 Walls you Need to Visit in Houston. 

You’re Welcome! Can’t wait to see more of Houston, soon. Will definitely go back for crawfish season! And watching a rodeo is on my list. For now, I’ll gladly settle staring at this beautiful wall. 

Oversized denim jacket and sweatshirt: Forever 21. Jeans: Topshop. Sneakers: Converse.

You Might Also Like